[Bf-python] returnvertsfromgroup

models at paposo.com models at paposo.com
Tue Sep 30 13:30:18 CEST 2003

Now returnVertsFromGroup is like this:

In:
    'group', (optional) weight flag, (optional) vert list
Out:
    either
    [index,index,...] or [(index,weight),(index,weight),...]

Examples:
    returnList = mesh.returnVertsFromGroup('myGroup')
            -> [0,1,2,3,4,5,...]
    returnList = mesh.returnVertsFromGroup('myGroup',1)
            -> [(0,.500),(1,.500),...]
    returnList = mesh.returnVertsFromGroiup('myGroup',0,vertList)

p.s. I think that makes sense. Ill check it out.  When I didn't have a bone
linked to the mesh, getVertexInfluences returns nothing. This is not
completely true however, because the vertex points can be associated with
unlinked groups even though the groups are not linked to the armature.

p.p.s. I get a dump of DVerts from the program if I just quit the program
instead of clearing out everything first and exiting.  There is a leak
somewhere where the DVerts are not being cleaned up. Im not quite sure why
this but id venture to guess that the 'real mesh' clean up is forgetting the
dverts somewhere while exiting.