[Bf-python] returnvertsfromgroup

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Tue Sep 30 05:03:54 CEST 2003

From: <models at paposo.com>
> Here's what i have...
Thanks, Joseph

> The returnVertsFromGroup here returns [(index, weight),(index,weight)...].
> Do you think that it should just return the indices?

Ah, no, sorry.  I was talking about co, no, etc., giving feedback on your
comments.  It's a good idea to return the weights, too.  Maybe leave this as
an option:

1) Normal return: only vertex indices
2) Method called with an extra parameter: also the weights, like you wrote
above.

This would give more flexibility for users, they could get only what they
wanted.

> p.s. I couldn't get returnVertexInfluences() to return the right stuff
> during my script testing - just blank. Im not sure why but Ill see if I
can
> figure it out.

You mean Jordi's getVertexInfluences() ?  It works, I remember I tested it
myself, had even to fix a crash when the data pointer was NULL.  You must
make sure there is a bone.  It's easier to create the groups from closest
bones, then you make sure to get them.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br