[Bf-python] Important: next Blender release

www.stani.be s_t_a_n_i at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 22:03:39 CEST 2003

--- Willian Padovani Germano <wgermano at ig.com.br>
wrote:
> It might be nice to confirm, though.  It's libpng
> 1.2.x, probably being
> conservative about the '.x' is a better idea, but
> there might have been
> improvements / bug fixes.  If you know anything
> about it, please tell us.
> I'll take a look at their site tonight, too.

Well, Tina Hirsch, who helped porting spe to Linux,
wrote me once this:
I was able to produce a blender that segfaults when
trying to start
spe.py and one that works fine. All I had to do is to
point the
variable NAN_PNG (in nan_definitions.mk) to libpng
v1.0.15 in the first
case and to v1.2.5 in the latter case.

I hope this helps. Of course you can always do the
test yourself by trying to run SPE from within
Blender. (Open the file spe.blend in the
distribution.) Download the latest version of spe at
http://spe.pycs.net, because the blender.org site is
not yet supporting updates and spe releases are almost
daily at the moment.

Thanks,
Stani