[Bf-python] Vertex Influence for no-armatured objs

Gilbert, Joseph jgilbert at tigr.org
Mon Sep 8 16:50:32 CEST 2003

Sure. I think that they could be put in nmesh if you retrieved the nmesh of
an object.
If you do:
1- create nmesh (optional) 		->
2- link nmesh to object (optional) 	->
3- return nmesh from object 		->
4- assign vertex groups

The problem is that there would need to be a way of preventing people from
trying to assign verts before being linked, and I think your right on the
ball with passing an object as a parameter.  That way you can't do anything
until you've linked the nmesh. Also by requiring an object parameter,
update, etc would have already have to have been called (I think)

So you'd need to do the following:
myMesh.assignVertsToGroup(Object, vertList, Group, weight, assignmode).
Where object is the object the mesh is linked to.

:) This would be wholely appropriate for assignVertsToGroup,
removeVertsFromGroup, returnVertsFromGroup.

:| It is would work for addGroup, removeGroup, even though deformGroups are
not part of a mesh, but part of an object. However, If we must place
everything in nmesh you could say:
myMesh.addGroup(Object, groupName)

:( It would not be appropriate for selectGroup, deselectGroup - which should
probably be a part of Emesh (as they deal with deformVert selection in
editmode).

Thx willian, great idea.

p.s. Sorry about irc but it was 2 in the morning here. Zzzz