[Bf-python] Some questions on 2.28 documents

models at paposo.com models at paposo.com
Mon Sep 8 00:57:53 CEST 2003

    I took a look at the code and i'll give it a shot...
rctf means 'rectangle float' - decimal values defining a box
    This is a guess, but I think it might be used to correctly display the
entire curve(ipocurve)/curves(ipo) in the ipo window (minX, maxX, minY,
maxY)....
getcurvebp - bp is base point of the bezier curve.
      It looks like the bpoint is a pointer to the first bpoint in an array
of points located on the curve.
      Blender seems to use very scary array allocation. :o  So you just save
the pointer to the first bpoint and then do 'basepoint'++ to move the
pointer in memory to the next point. Might be for speed.  It looks like the
bezier triples are structured the same way.
     I don't know enough about ipo curves , but I was checking and didn't
see much in the source that uses the ipocurve's bpoint member. It's set and
saved/loaded but it doesn't appear to be used often.  Ipocurves seem to
exclusively use bezier triples. It also appears that nurbs and lattices use
their bpoint member to store an array of vertices in the nurb or lattice.
Btw, it looks like a nurb is constructed of either points or beziers.
     It would seem strange to me to make these accessable through python,
but hey!
     That's my observation. oo