[Bf-python] Vertex Influence for no-armatured objs

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sun Sep 7 03:02:10 CEST 2003

Hi,

From: "Michel Selten" <michel.s at home.nl>
(...)
> I like your additions to the Python API, but I'm not very happy about
> the location of the updates just like you said. This should indeed be in
> a seperate module EMesh. The methods you implemented are only applicable
> to Mesh objects, and not for example to Lamp or Camera objects.

Ok, Michel as the writer/maintainer of the Object module is obviously right
in working to keep its API focused.

> So, I'm a little hesitant of incorporating the changes to cvs. Maybe
> you'd like to give a shot at trying to implement the EMesh module
> (perhaps together with Willian).

I already wrote an email to Joseph about this, since we could see he was
already studying the NMesh code.  I'll be available for any help needed and
will, like Michel here ; ), 'fight' for a proper solution for that baby
(EMesh).

So if you decide to try your hand at that, just tell so (we always recommend
that people tell here what they are working on, so we avoid duplicate work).
Otherwise, I can put a basic skeleton of the EMesh module in shape (only)
for your vgroup code.  Later then we could add the rest of the methods and
member vars to it.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br