[Bf-python] Vertex Influence for no-armatured objs

Michel Selten michel.s at home.nl
Sat Sep 6 20:59:10 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 20:26, Gilbert, Joseph wrote:
> Im done with my little vertex group project... feel free to check it out. If
> you guys like it let me know! It may not be the best place for it (in the
> object module) but it works! (and that's the important part :)

Well, to test if a theory works you can use any method you like. But for
something to be really ready for 'production code', I think it must be
in a state where we all can say "Hey, this is indeed the best solution
we can think of now."

I like your additions to the Python API, but I'm not very happy about
the location of the updates just like you said. This should indeed be in
a seperate module EMesh. The methods you implemented are only applicable
to Mesh objects, and not for example to Lamp or Camera objects.

So, I'm a little hesitant of incorporating the changes to cvs. Maybe
you'd like to give a shot at trying to implement the EMesh module
(perhaps together with Willian).

Any way, keep up the good work!

With regards,
	Michel