[Bf-python] Persistent data: new way

Michel Selten michel.s at home.nl
Sat Sep 6 21:15:44 CEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 05:16, Willian Padovani Germano wrote:

<snip>

I like the proposal! Good work. Of course, I do have a question ;)

<snip>

> Also, Registry is not meant for big chunks of data, it's just for storing
> configured gui options.  *Nice* scripts would even check if the data to be
> saved is different from the defaults, before trying to store it in the
> Registry.  And if equal, remove the key from the Registry, of course.

I see from your examples that it is possible to store arrays of data and
assign that array to one key, so that could be enough for storing big
chunks of data.

I assume you have thought of some types of data that are cumbersome to
store with this module and consider those as 'big chunks of data'. So my
question then would be: do you plan to have something for big chunks of
data in the future then?

> That's it.  It should be in Blender 2.29, so there's time to change things.
> This is open for discussions / suggestions, of course.

Great!
This will make the Blender.ReleaseGlobalDict() function obsolete then?
Would it be wise to add a warning message to the function when it is
called? Just like I added one to the Object.getSelected() functions.

With regards,
	Michel