[Bf-python] Set cursor position

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Thu Sep 4 11:22:10 CEST 2003

Hi,

About a Window.SetCursorPos():

What you say, Stephen, can be done with object.setLocation(), that's
actually what Blender does: it copies the current 3d cursor position to the
location field of the created object.

As Michel pointed, we have to take care with these things, since the cursor
was meant to be positioned from the 3d window, where there is no way to put
it out of view (or is there?  I'm not on linux right now).  Through Python
that could happen, so maybe we'd have to clip against the view volume.

Manuel: can't the "object snap" that you need be done also with:
- object.setLocation() when from scripts
- direct manipulation of the 3d cursor with the mouse when with user
intervention?

Still gotta investigate this, may be trivial (if the checks are already
there), may not be recommended (if I'm starting to preview what Ton will

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br