[Bf-python] Some questions on 2.28 documents

Jacques Guignot guignot at wanadoo.fr
Tue Sep 2 19:43:49 CEST 2003

Hi, Tatsuya!
Here are some answers to the (accurate) questions you asked.

Tatsuya Nakamura wrote:

> 1-a) About "getControlPoint" method.

Stephen already answered this one.

> 1-b) About "getType" method. The document says "The mode of the curve
> is a combination of 4 parameters. Bits 0,1,2 : "Back", "Front" and "3D".
> Bit 3 : "CurvePath" is set. Bit 4 : "CurveFollow" is set."
> I can see the three options ("Back", "Front" and "3D") for Bit 0,1,2
> on the
> Blender's Buttons window.
> What do the rest of Bits ("CurvePath" and "CurveFollow") mean?

These 2 bits are only used if you use the curve to duplicate objects
along the curve. They have corresponding buttons u can see when hitting
F7 (animation windows)

> 2) Effect class
>
> 2-a) What is the "minfac" of the wave effect? I cannot find this value
> on the
> Buttons window.

Sorry. My fault. The minfac is not useful. It -was- a parameter for wave
effects, but is now obsolete.

> 2-b) There is no "type" variable in this class, however, there are two
> methods
> "getType" and "setType". What are these methods for?

Returns the type of the effect : 0 : Build effect
                                                 1 : Particle effect
                                                 2 : Wave effect
The settype function is not really useful (transforming a build effect
in a wave effect...hmmm...). But I wrote it because some other effects
may be written later, and this function *could* be useful.

> 3) World class
>
> There is no explanation about the variable "mode". Is it not
> implemented on 2.28?

mode is a combination of 2 bits

bit 1 (last one) indicates the world has mist
bit 2 indicates the world has stars.

> 4) Metaball class
>
> What are those five parametors "expx", "expy", "expz", "rad", and
> "rad2" represents?
> I cannot see the correspondent parametors with them on the Buttons
> window.

Sorry again. These parameters are used for internal computations in the
mballs.
They should be removed, and it is usually a bad thing to change them.
They can (should) be discarded.

Thanks for your interest. I really like so accurate questions!