[Bf-python] Blender use of PIL?

matt matt at satbp.com
Wed Nov 26 16:30:17 CET 2003

Hello all,

I am new to python and blender and have a question.
I am trying to use the PIL (Python Imageing Library) to read in a file.
When I write:
import Image

I get a failure in blender indicating that it can't find the library.
The python directory seems to be set correctly (both in blender and in the shell). Finally, the same scripting (just basic stuff for loading and viewing a file) works when run from the shell!!!

I am using SuSE 8.2, blender 2.28c, and the default SuSE install of python.

Something is definately awry, but I can't figure out what.

Thanks,
Matt