[Bf-python] Python Textures

Fabrizio Cali ilac at maltanet.net
Sun Nov 23 21:25:54 CET 2003

Hi Python Developers,

Excuse the intrusion but there's something I'm a bit curious about. Are
there any plans to have Blender use Python as a 'texture' generator? I've
seen that there is a new Texture Module (Thanks Alex!) but i believe it's
for exporting texture related data rather than actually creating textures,
correct? (Sorry if I'm totally off in my assumption!)

One of my favourite Blender features is it's pack' feature, as it means I
can easily transfer my file onto different computers (work, home etc) and
not worry about having left anything behind - except texture or Sequential
plugins! These are not packed and easily forgotten! (I believe they are not
packed because they are not portable cross-platform per se). Python texture
generators would not have such problems and would allow non-coders (like me)
to dabble a bit with scripted texture code!

Is it possible and are there any plans for such a feature?

Thanks for all the work you've been doing and congrats on your Suzanne
Award! :o)

regards,
Fabrizio

(ilac)