[Bf-python] Texture module

Michel Selten michel.s at home.nl
Sun Nov 9 20:25:21 CET 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 05:38, alex mole wrote:
> OK. I guess I'll try to implement it then [I need it by tuesday... :)]

great!

> I'll hack something together just now but after tuesday I'll look at the
> interface more carefully and submit a draft API to this list.

that would be great. With a draft API presented, we can discuss it!

> My plan is really just to wrap the underlying Tex and MTex structs [with
> one class for each], and modify Material so that it can return its
> textures as a list. Does that sound like a reasonable idea?

That's exactly what I had in mind when trying to get started. I just
never got around at implementing it. You could take a look at how the
Armature module was implemented. It has a sub-module Bone. This
mechanism is something similar as to how the Texture module should be
implemented in the API.

If I were you, I would look at some present modules as a reference, and
go from there. The Camera module seems to be the starting point for a
lot of new Python developers ;)

If you need help getting the new module initialized correctly, build
issues, just mail the list.

With regards,
	Michel