[Bf-python] Python Exporter

Jordi Rovira i Bonet jordi.rovira at ima.udg.es
Fri Jun 20 12:08:44 CEST 2003

Michel Selten wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 21:36, kp991533 wrote:
>

>>I am a game programmer (trying to be one at least) and I love blender. But
>>exporting animations using vector key frames increases load time and eats
>>memory. Is there a way to export the rotation of armautures (quaternion form
>>would be nice).
>>

>In the new python implementation, there are some new modules for
>accessing data from/to blender. One of those new modules is the Armature
>module with the associated Bone module.

The module doesn't allow to export the animations of the bones yet. Only
the hierarchy and the vertex influence. As the animations for other
elements in blender are not yet accessible (i think), i wanted to wait
before adding the armature actions, to harmonize with the rest. I also
wanted to wain until all python code was written in the same style.
Thsis eems possible now, as the rules are being established. However,
you'll probably noticed that i don't have much time these weeks, maybe
someone else wants to do it.

>The documentation is not yet finished for it, so you'll have to use the
>doc strings when doing a:
>
>import Blender
>print dir (Blender.Armature)

I'm afraid python strings are not of any help in the armature and bone
module, since i didn't know exactly the meaning of many parameters, i
didn't wrote them.

(bandoler)