[Bf-python] Problems

Jacques Guignot guignot at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 29 22:42:53 CEST 2003

Excuse me if I don't quote your message, but it would be too long and
obfuscated.
I hope everyone has the original message  ;-)

Part 1 : I completely agree with Willian.

>>2) blender/python integration.
>>

>Good idea this "OTHER" entry, Jacques : ).  But for the rest of the
>menu, it'll probably be better (actually we'll discuss all this in the
>other mailing list) to have submenus for exporters, importers, etc.  But
>don't worry, your implementation is a showcase, the details depend on
>feedback.

OK. We'll have do discuss that. It would not be difficult to exactly
reproduce in the menu the directory structure of the directory
~/.blender/scripts.

For instance, if we add two scripts "shader1.py" and "shader2.py" in the
newly created "shaders" subdirectory of ~/.blender/scripts, this will be
automatically reflected in the python menu. If an user plays with this
directory, the python menu will change, but it is under the user's
responsibility.

I'm really convinced my implementation is a pre beta draft, an d will
surely change later (or will be replaced by something totally different!)

>>Persistent variables : may be important.
>>

>>This is the third email (of those I said I'd send) I ended up not
>>writing ...

We'll talk later about that.

Concerning the solution you proposed, I think I have understood the main
ideas. Not sure for the details. I'll try to implement it, will be
clearer for me...

An alternative solution would be to write all these data in a file...
Rough ? sure, but easy to implement and to debug (we may edit this file)