[Bf-python] Mesh Keys

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sun Jul 6 06:38:53 CEST 2003

Hi,

Today I added support for mesh keys in NMesh.  It's probably not the best
implementation, but it's a good test and while something better isn't
written, it should help, right Manuel ?

It goes like this:

me = NMesh.GetRaw("mymesh")

#delete previous keys if you want to:
me.removeAllKeys()

#save the first key:
me.insertKey(1)

# change the vertices and then add another key
me.update()
me.insertKey(50)

NMesh.PutRaw(me, "mymesh")

---------------------------------
That's it. I'll still tweak it a little and then commit.

The method is insertKey(frame)

If no frame is given, it'll use the current frame, that you can get/set with
sce = Scene.getCurrent()
cframe = sce.currentFrame()
sce.currentFrame(n)

PS: jms: of course I meant f.col, not faces.col in the other email.  Please
continue that topic until you're satisfied with the solution we can get.
Even if it means changing things outside Blender Python, we can discuss that
at the bf-committers list and see what they think about it.

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br