[Bf-python] Important: Segfaults on Windows >= 98

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Fri Jul 4 04:24:25 CEST 2003

Hi,

We need help from a Windows developer:

Today I confirmed that printing our objects crashes Blender (Windows
98). For example this script, similar to the one on the report at the
Python forum:

# Script 1
import Blender
a = Blender.Lamp.Get()
print a
print a[0]

causes a SIGSEGV there.

I made a change to Camera, took away its Camera_print method (following
advice from Python documentation: it's usually not necessary) and made a
better Camera_repr one that will be used as print, repr() and str().

Could anyone who compiles Blender from CVS under Windows 98 or newer
please comfirm that script 1 above really crashes Blender? (Don't forget
to add a lamp to the scene first).  Then also check if this one:

# Script 2
import Blender
a = Blender.Camera.Get()
print a
print a[0]

does not crash it.  You need to update from CVS first.  As soon as I get
confirmation we can update all other modules and get rid of these
segfaults.

Many thanks in advance,

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br