[Bf-python] Some problems to look at

Michel Selten michel.s at home.nl
Thu Jul 3 21:52:34 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've just received 2 bug reports on irc. For complete book keeping, I'll
just post the problems here.

* import modules gives errors
  Execute the following script for example:

    import Math
    print dir (Math)

  Gives the error:
    ImportError: No module named Math

* Variables are not persistent
  When creating a new variable in the Blender module (say
  Blender.my_var=0), these vars are persistent amongst various scripts
  until you do a Blender.ReleaseGlobalDict().

  However, it seemed that it's possible to do also a (my_var=0) - so not
  for the Blender module - which stays persistent in Blender 2.23.
  And you guessed it right: this is not true for the new implementation

I have no time to look at these problems today, maybe tomorrow. If
however anybody of you wants to dig in one of these problems - feel free
to go ahead!!!

Also, there are some very useful and detailed bug reports at
http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1779

People are really giving good reports! Thanks for that.

With regards,
	Michel