[Bf-python] Why os is not built-in?

Manuel Bastioni manuelbastioni at tin.it
Sat Aug 30 20:20:00 CEST 2003

To solve the problems of users not
expert (Windows), that have a problems
to install full python, set the env variables and
python path, I've developed this solution:

use directly nt module (built-in) instead os module.
It work fine for my targets.

The "problem" is that I must make two versions of script:

1) nt module, for Windows users (no full python required)
2) os module, for all platform (full python must be installed)

This isn't really a problem, but I'm curious about
the very important module like os.py is not built-in...

Thanks,

                Manuel

---