[Bf-python] 5 easy ways to crash Blender 2.28

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sat Aug 2 22:42:25 CEST 2003

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 16:19, www.stani.be wrote:
(...)
> Why nobody put a message about it on the Python
> announce mailing list.

Guess we still feel it's not "ready" to be announced, even though it was
already officially released.  Blender 2.29 may have scripts accessible
from menus and a good collection of scripts ready to be used.

At least we should wait a couple more days till the reference doc is
online.

> Fatal errors (blender will crash):
>
> Blender.Text.Get()[0].filename
> Blender.Text.Get()[0].getFilename()
Both fixed now, Py_None will be returned when the Text filename is NULL.

> Blender.Camera.Get()[0].getInverseMatrix()
> Blender.Camera.Get()[0].getMatrix()
> Blender.Camera.Get()[0].getTracked()
This was weird, because the Camera_getAttr() function should handle this
nicely (report that none of the above methods exist, they are for
Object)... I tried to reproduce the crash and got it once, but couldn't
reproduce it anymore ... tested also with Lamp, deleted the camera,
restarted Blender a few times, tried all of the three calls above -- no
crash.  Tried again, no crash yet.  Weird.

Thanks for the report and welcome back, Stani : )

Willian, wgermano at ig.com.br