[Bf-modeling] Procedural Modeling Tools

Vlad MS mafteiuscaivlad at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 18:15:23 CEST 2014

You're correct Patrice.

You know with all the tools we have in blender if a modifier would be
available for each we could pretty much have the ability to build all our
stuff procedurally. Was it houdini that did that? Can't remember now.

So extrude, loop cut, bridge or whatever. You would be applying the changes
only to the modified mesh while the original one stays simple. Imagine the
possibilities. Now in the long run a node system would be the best,
especially for more complex models. But for simple cases a list of mods
works fine.

Now for one modifier idea was to not clutter the UI. You would have a
search box or drop down list to choose the tool. Then after choosing the
options underneath would change. Basic and effective. However that also
means that you would need a dynamic vertex group solution which is able to
record the things that were added at a certain step after the original
mesh(ex modifier loop cut after 3 other modifiers and without it being
present on the original mesh).

Vlad

Vlad Mafteiu Scai

Mobile: +45-5333-30-67

*Mobile UI Designer, Visualization Artist*
Email: mafteiuscaivlad at gmail.com

Portfolio: http://www.behance.net/motionseadesigns

This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.