[Bf-modeling] Improving the mirror modifier

Noel Stoutenburg brasshat at core.com
Wed Apr 30 22:56:35 CEST 2014

Friends,

. Where I wrote about scaling the z axis to -1, I should have made it
clear that this was in addition to the -1 scaling that already existed
on the x and y axes in the test object that Daniel linked to. Using the
technique Daniel thoughfully provided, scaling using a scale factor of
-1 on a single axis provides symmetry projection through a plane
(basically the same functionality as the current mirror modifier);
scaling using a scale factor of -1 on two axes provides symmetry
projection through a line, and scaling using a scale factor of -1 on all
three provides symmetry projecton through a point.

ns