[Bf-modeling] Improving the Vert Connect Tool

Howard Trickey howard.trickey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 21:40:33 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Jonathan Williamson
<jonathan at cgcookie.com>wrote:

> Howard,
>
> It is similar to the knife tool, and so in part yes. That's what I'm
> asking for. But I still see them as separate tools. The knife tool is
> perfect for working out complex topology over an existing surface, where as
> the Vertex Connect tool is best for quickly connecting two points in a
> straight line.

Jonathan, I'm just saying that under the hood, I think you're asking for
exactly what the knife tool does if you hit k, snap to one vert, click,
then snap to the other point, click, then return to execute.  If that is
what you are asking, then 'j' or some other shortcut could be configured to
do all that with one keypress if two verts are selected.  Do you need this
to work when more than two verts are selected, as the current j does,
perhaps choosing shortest paths when they have to cross more than one face?