[Bf-modeling] Mesh Cleanup Tools

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 10:39:04 CEST 2013

Hi, while 2.68 is stabilizing (and devs are bug-fixing), we could
continue some planning for 2.69...

On bf-python a developer posted an addon called `Planerize`  which
makes faces flat. (*)

The issue with tools like this are that on their own they're quite
obscure and don't fit well in the context of general purpose modeling
tools (IMHO).
So I was thinking we could collect tools that we can add to a `Mesh ->
Cleanup` menu since you don't often use these tools for making your
own models, they are more for fixing up imported geometry.

If any of you had jobs where you had to work with models from CAD
applications or just badly made meshes you probably had to do some of
this manually, so interested to get some list of useful cleanup tools
to include in next release.

Any suggestions?

(*) link to the addon if your interested
https://github.com/Klowner/blender-planarizer

--
- Campbell