[Bf-marketing] Press release BBB

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 16 14:16:12 CET 2008

Hi,

My nitpicks back: :)

> The primary intent of the movie was to stimulate the development of
> Blender 3D, the open source 3D software"

It's Blender! Further repeating 3d isn't needed...

> A unusual feature of "Big Buck Bunny", is that the tools, characters,

"Unusual" is not very positive... I used the word "differentiates" to
indicate "stand out among" too.
Isn't there a nicer way to say it positive?

> and artwork used to make the movie, as well as the movie itself will
> be freely downloadable and usable by anyone under a 'Creative Commons'
> license.

Why remove the the more personal "to reuse, learn from, or enjoy"?

> The promotion of 'open content creation' and distribution is one of

Whatfor the apostrophes here?

> the main goals of the Creative Commons, the organization that created
> the 'Creative Commons' licenses which have been widely adopted by
> artists, musicians, and other creative individuals who wish to freely
> share their creative endeavors.

Here I added professional adoption of the CC... maybe too much?

> Blender Institute in Amsterdam is one of the first companies worldwide
> exploiting Open Content professionally and commercially. The
> Institutes current projects include adding the final touches on

Institute's <-- right?

> 'Big Buck Bunny', and development of an "open game" based on the
> characters
> from the movie.
>
> 'Big Buck Bunny' is a (dark) comedy about a well-tempered rabbit "Big
> Buck", who finds his day spoiled by the rude actions of the forest
> bullies, three rodents. In the typical 1950's cartoon tradition Big
> Buck then prepares for the rodents a comical revenge.
>
> The creative team behind 'Big Buck Bunny' were brought together by the
> Blender Institute

It then should be 'was brought'.

I also note the very strange mix of apostrophes and quotes... should
fix it.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org