[Bf-marketing] Corporate Identity

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 21:15:16 CET 2006

Regarding tagline, see this thread at elysiun

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45900

regarding partnerships - Ton said he isn't seeking any right now - if
I/we want them - then I/we will need to do all of the work on that.  I
can provide more details later, but already have one potentially
significant partnership lined up (note that for now - most
partnerships will be pretty limited, probably to the effect of -
Blender is a good editor for our game).

homepage - The homepage currently is preliminary as I recall.  Others
here I'm sure know more about it.

regarding 'development stage' - by siggraph should be a major turning
point - I don't really think there will ever be a strong go/no go
stage.  However certain mile-stones will get major publicity for us,
and we should be positioned to take advantage of it.  One of the
biggest milestones by far will be Siggraph and the likely presentation
of the Orange movie at that time.  Blender will have also hit a major
development milestone at that time - the nodal materials and
compositor will be done, the rendering improvements will be done, Ton
will hopefully have done the event refactor allowing completely
customized hotkeys, menus, panels, scripted tutorials ala zbrush,
macros, and other goodness.

We will be switching to a two (three with delays :) ) month release
cycle with test releases monthly there really won't be much 'dead
time' between significant announcements.  Also there is a 'development
journal' that has been done sporadically.

I'll be updating the release notes weekly now, as well as updating the
scripts list on a regular basis.  There are also the weekly meetings
for both bf-blender, as well as the bf-education lists.

LetterRip