[Bf-linux] Anybody home?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 19:15:54 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> recommend using CMake since I know its makefiles work well for 'make install',
>> pacman spec is a good reference, since its so simple - just a bash script.
>>
>> build_files/package_spec/pacman/PKGBUILD
>> lines 43 - 60.
>>
>> our own debian, rpm (cpack) and pacman spec's also use cmake.
>>
>> Also, it would be good if you could use recent SVN for this since
>> there have been so many fixes since 2.56a and if you get problems you
>> can complain its something broken in trunk.
>
> Well I got as far as checking out the svn source, configuring and
> building with cmake. I'm not sure what to do now. The existing
> rpmbuild spec file is hard to follow and I'm not sure which of the
> patches are still needed. In fact, I can't even find how blender is
> configured with scons. The only line I see is "scons blenderplayer" I
> assume then making blenderplayer also configures and makes blender?
>
> Richard

You probably got this far, if not it may fill you in with some info.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Linux/Fedora/CMake

Another thing which may help...

Dave Plater maintains Suse's RPM debian package, you could check whats
available there, here are his recent mails to the list.
http://blender.markmail.org/search/Dave+Plater+from:%22Dave+Plater%22+list:org.blender.bf-committers+order:date-backward

See if you can get the RPM spec for 'Suse 11.4 RC2'