[Bf-linux] Anybody home?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 19:05:32 CET 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> recommend using CMake since I know its makefiles work well for 'make install',
> pacman spec is a good reference, since its so simple - just a bash script.
>
> build_files/package_spec/pacman/PKGBUILD
> lines 43 - 60.
>
> our own debian, rpm (cpack) and pacman spec's also use cmake.
>
> Also, it would be good if you could use recent SVN for this since
> there have been so many fixes since 2.56a and if you get problems you
> can complain its something broken in trunk.

Well I got as far as checking out the svn source, configuring and
building with cmake. I'm not sure what to do now. The existing
rpmbuild spec file is hard to follow and I'm not sure which of the
patches are still needed. In fact, I can't even find how blender is
configured with scons. The only line I see is "scons blenderplayer" I
assume then making blenderplayer also configures and makes blender?

Richard