[Bf-interface] I recently subscribed - I am creating an application template

Pierre Schiller activemotionpictures at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 19:14:51 CEST 2017

Hi, I´ve just subscribed to this email list to read emails here on gmail. I
hope I´ve done it right.
Thanks for letting the users have a voice in designing UI.

I´ve been working on an application template, and I´m most interested
on how to color a menu option. I have a drop down menu, and after selection
a list enum menu options are display on the T panel on the left. But how do
colorize the entire tab as a result of the drop down menu selection?

I´m most interested in hiding/showing / colorizing (background on menus
from the T panel) certain ui tabs and tools with a .py template for a
custom template application. I´d also like to know how specifically use
addons on the interface template? So far I know the addon folder has to be
included in their corresponding directory, but how do "userpref.blend"
knows that it has to be "active" if I take that application template to
another machine?. I´d like to have a "recorded" camera position using STORE
VIEW addon so that the user opens Blender to (startup.blend) and finds
those stored camera position already set on, ready to use.

I´ve been working in most detail with color schemes and other minor things
on Blender UI 2.79, but I really would like to have a broad view (use my
scripts) on 2.8; you can read more about what I´m doing in the blog here:
http://3dcinetv.com/blender-softimage-theme-softimage-mod-theme/

Thanks.

--
Portfolio 2013 <http://be.net/3dcinetv>