[Bf-interface] UI mockups and layout (proposal)

Pierre Schiller activemotionpictures at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 21:50:33 CEST 2017

Hi, I just visited:
https://code.blender.org/2017/10/blender-2-8-design-document/
 And read:
Undefined targets

*Targets with vague design to be discussed further*

   - Workspace own add-ons and keymaps <----
   - Game engine

Workspaces add-ons and keymaps are a strong appeal to the open source
mentality. Often times I´ve read about Blender being "jack of all trades,
master of none". All though I´ve never believed it, it could finally be the
time where that "specialized" area (file>application templates) could be
emphasized.

I'd wish to know how to customize (hide/show) certain panels in the ui
(2.8) and colorize the T (tools panel) custom tabs.

Is that possible?

Also I´ve read that ICONS could also be customized in 2.8. That´s great
news since the ability to switch custom icons was removed on 2.5. If we got
custom workspaces (inside application templates with custom shortcuts and
activated addons) we surely would need to specialize "foreign" iconology
(such as adding an extra icon set to identify some functions in the ui).
Most of this could be done already in .py defining classes but it would be
a huge step if we could simply the process (to replace some icons) just
like 2.5 was doing it already.

So, just to make sure I´m writting to a live audience and a real email
adress, please reply at these thoughts.

Thank you.

Regards.

--