[Bf-interface] Splashes in 2.8x

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Apr 5 11:20:06 CEST 2017

Hi,

I would like to propose the following:

- We keep our splash screens to be hardcoded compiled in. No user or add-on can change it.
The splash remains the official signature of having official builds.

- For the 2.8 branch, I would like to propose to make a special temp splash, something with the text "2.8" or "Blender 2.8" made by one of the Blender '36 Days of Type' designers. We can do it as a twitter contest, the most 'liked' one wins.

The first official splash for the 2.80 (beta?) release can be decided on later. We can do the usual 'ask the previous splash maker/judge to nominate new'.

Thanks,

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands