[Bf-interface] Blender 2.8 Workflow/UI workshop

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Sep 11 17:25:34 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Blender Foundation and Institute will fund and organise a Blender 2.8 Workflow 'sprint'
(or workshop), for which the core UI module team has been invited. We did this with 8 people
as "2.5 Wintercamp" too.

The goal would be to:

- review and update the 2.5 design specs for Blender, including guidelines for tool/ui coders
- make a design proposal for how workflow configurations can work (and Blender 101)
- define a new minimal configured Blender (keymap, layouts)
- get everything ready for the Blender contributors to get to work!

And whatever else we agree on to do.

I've checked availability of these people:

- Jonathan Williamson
- Pablo Vazquez
- Julian Eisel
- Paweł Łyczkowski
- Daniel Lara
- Sebastian Koenig
- Bastien Montagne

Members of this group have actively contributed a lot already, and represent a good mix of
experience and backgrounds. To keep meetings and sessions effective I wouldn't suggest
to add many more people though. But I will leave it to the current group to define further.

Suggested dates:
25-26-27 november
Arrival day before, leaving Sunday evening or day after.

Blender Foundation has budget to cover costs for travel, hotel and dinners.
This will be discussed with the individuals further.

Thanks,

-Ton-