[Bf-interface] Workflow workshop, agenda topics and preparations

Jonathan Williamson jonathan at cgcookie.com
Sun Nov 6 19:46:43 CET 2016

The Blender 101 update is great news! It’s in good hands with Mike.

For workshop ideas the two main areas I would like to see discussed heavily are these:

How do we approach keymaps in 2.8 in a way that’s approachable for new users while also giving professional artists plenty of room to customize to their liking? How can we make the keymap system (both default keys and overall structure/customization) work in a way that doesn’t force people to mostly utilize defaults or to start from scratch? The overwhelming number of default keys is a particular focus area.
How can we improve tool workflow, including the Selection > Action paradigm, to be more consistent while also requiring less UI? In particular, how can we improve Modal Operators and Operator Settings within the context of the viewport?

--
Jonathan Williamson