[Bf-interface] Workflow workshop, agenda topics and preparations

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Nov 6 18:02:47 CET 2016

Hi all,

The workshop will be here in Blender Institute, 25-27 November.
Confirmed participants are:

- Jonathan Williamson
- Pablo Vazquez
- Julian Eisel
- Paweł Łyczkowski
- Daniel Lara
- Sebastian Koenig
- Bastien Montagne
- Brecht van Lommel
- Mike Pan

I'm very happy to confirm that we'll get additional development support from Aleph Objects (Lulzbot 3D printer) to hire people for coding and designing work. Work would be on '2.8 workflow' in general, but result should lead to a release-compatible Blender version that's configured to be suitable for kids or occasional users to make 3d prints. That's the "101 project" Mike Pan will be working on.

In the coming weeks we should check on the planning for the workshop days, the agenda, and do a lot of preparations. Hopefully we can discuss and review existing proposals as much as possible.

Let's throw random ideas in this week, then I come with a more structured proposal by end of week.
OK?

Laters,

-Ton-