[Bf-interface] GUI redesign - Call for Participation ;)

Diego Gangl dnicolas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 00:09:05 CEST 2015

Hey Julian!
Some thoughts on the redesign:

= "Interface Style" option to toggle between old "Classic" style and new
"Flat" style =
= More flat widget drawing =

I agree with Campbell, this should be more extreme. Tweaks like the
different embosses could be controlled as a theme setting (like widget
emboss).

= Implemented a Sub-Button pipline for widget rollover feedback but can be
used for much more =

Nice! To be clear, what do you mean by "much more"?
Can it be used to show a driver expression when hovering over a driven
value for example?
Maybe it would be a good idea to make a list of possible uses in the task.

= New panel design =

Going in the right direction IMO, going to comment in the task.

= Improved Menu/Popup design =
= Increased default DPI to 78 (was 72), decreased font sizes =
= New Area/Region edge design, also added a theme color option for it =
= Thinner scrollbars =

+1 to all, makes the ui look more organized and focused. Although 78 looks
like a bit too much.

= New checkbox button design =

What is the reasoning for making them round? Checkboxes are traditionaly
square to differentiate them from radio buttons.

= Theme option for widget corner roundness =

I don't think this makes a lot of sense (most users won't care), and at the
extreme values padding starts to become messy.

By the way, you forgot to mention horizontal tabs in preferences.

Cheers,