[Bf-gamedev] C++ intergrated simple game engine

KOSTAS PETSIS kostaspetsis at outlook.com
Sat Oct 21 20:15:04 CEST 2017

Hello,
So i am thinking of the general idea as this:I have a main.cpp that runs the game loop with update and render etc...The user must create new classes and files for extra logic in cpp.I will compile each file as a lib and reload them on the fly when a change occurs(like ue4).So at the end the main.cpp and other files that user created + the API of my engine will compile so that they form a exe/game app.

Now , for playing in the editor, should i have let's say an editor_update() and a seperate outside update() for playing in the compiled version of the game ,same goes for render etc...

Also where in the blender source do i declare my classes?Where is the main-blender.c?

If i dont rely on external libs, can i license it how i want it to?

Thanks for advice