[Bf-gamedev] (no subject)

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 22:59:03 CEST 2017

You can try to build the engine directly into Blender (like the BGE). This
has the downside that you have to either maintain a fork of Blender or try
to get your engine submitted to master. You would likely need to GPL your
engine code by going this route. However, this gives you pretty direct
access to Blender's internals and allows you to reuse some bits of Blender
(e.g., rendering, animation, modifiers).

The other route is to build a separate engine that you try to integrate via
an addon. This is what BlenderPanda[0] does to integrate Panda3D into
Blender. The project makes use of blendergltf[1] to get Blender data into
an easy to consume format (glTF[2]) and the Blender Real-time Engine addon
(BRTE)[3] to create a connection between Blender and an external
engine/process.

[0] https://github.com/Moguri/BlenderPanda
[1] https://github.com/Kupoman/blendergltf
[2] https://github.com/KhronosGroup/glTF