[Bf-gamedev] The future of FBX and/or other formats in Blender - file formats comparison of USD and glTF

Juan Linietsky reduzio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:06:03 CET 2016

OpenCollada exporter works *extremely* well for Maya and 3DS Max. The spec
is simple and suports most common features. It' s only outdated in the
materials section (does not support PBR).
Collada is supported in most game engines already, but it's buggy because
most people prefers FBX.

Doesn't it make more sense to support it properly in Blender first, and
then work with engine developers to fix their importers?