[Bf-gamedev] Scientific Visualization with BGE - DeDaLo

Roberto Casalegno roberto.casalegno at b2fh.org
Thu Mar 26 16:07:54 CET 2015

Thank you all for your replies, links and info.

> how many points approximately should BGE handle? What should be a
> point visual representation (dot,cube,sphere)? Will these points be of
> a regular grid shape or have random position?
  I would manage something like millions of points, visualized as dots.
Positions will be in a 3D coordinate cube, because usually they will
represent particles in 3D space.

> I wonder about using a geometry shader using HG1s hack , and pass all
> the points in a single draw call?
I'll take a deeper look at it, at first sight wasn't so clear to me.

> Rendered as simple GL_POINTS
That seems a good idea, and also your "benchmark"(17M points) looks
promising. I've read that BGE support BGL v4, is it true?

Best,
Roberto

--