[Bf-gamedev] Python logic module refactoring

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:56:00 CET 2015

There is really a lot of work to do on the game engine, see tbe bug
tracker - there are many open bugs. (below)

I don't think now is a great time to refactor Python API - just by
moving modules around.
First get the BGE stable and usable in its current state. Then make
other improvements afterwards.

If we don't currently have enough resources to keep the BGE stable,
putting energy into breaking API changes seems not the best use of
time.

https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/?statuses=open&allProjects=PHID-PROJ-hjlgdc66wg5yny3jg2le#R
https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/?statuses=open&allProjects=PHID-PROJ-we3tj3fbnpw6ltqucale#R
https://developer.blender.org/maniphest/?statuses=open&allProjects=PHID-PROJ-tbyxh6d7bngojy6cb6dj#R

On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 3:59 AM, tristan panzer
<republicthunderbolt9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I'm start in the game blender development. I propose to move all
> functions contain in bge.logic module in a new python proxy for
> KX_KestjiEngine (like in C++ sources) to replace those functions by
> attributes (when it's possible) ex : bge.logic.getSceneList() to
> bge.logic.engine.scenes. The only role of bge.logic will be to contain the
> constants, the python dictionary and the proxy of the engine. I know this
> breaks all existing codes, but can be useful to do that or I'm on the bad
> way ?
>
> Sorry for my bad English.

- Campbell