[Bf-gamedev] Using blender timeline features

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Wed Jun 17 11:11:25 CEST 2015

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 07:21:25PM +0800, Owen Alanzo Hogarth wrote:
> I had no idea about BGE but after your last email I did some
> research and it looks pretty amazing.

It is :)

> There's SDL which supports a wide range of platforms, mobile and
> desktop alike. Could I say create a scene, export that blend file
> and use SDL to control it?

That'll be tricky. SDL won't help you anything in this respect, as it
has no knowledge of the blend file or its contents.

On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 08:14:13PM +0800, Owen Alanzo Hogarth wrote:
> Can you point me to where's the implementation of blenderplayer?

It's in Blender's source code, so in the Git repository
http://git.blender.org/blender.git

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 06:36:15AM +0800, Owen Alanzo Hogarth wrote:
> How feasible would it be to write a .blend file loader that can get
> access to all the objects in the scene and access all their data w/o
> python?

That's probably quite difficult. It'll be easier to export to simpler,
better-documented files, and import those into your game.

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

http://stuvelfoto.nl/
http://stuvel.eu/