[Bf-gamedev] Refactoring BGE code (to accomodate a new design)

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Sun Feb 1 21:47:07 CET 2015

On Sun, Feb 01, 2015 at 09:06:10PM +0100, pgi wrote:
> I'd like to have some feedback, resoucers or articles to check for,
> ideas and and (mandatory) agreement on the new layout of the engine.
> Or a slap in the face, I might very well be wrong on my assumption
> that the current design is a mess. But I could point out that it has
> been probably a data driven design because I see the logic of it and
> its typical problems.

From my point of view, it is hard to give feedback on your ideas. I
think your overall idea is good. However, it is written in such
generic terms that it's hard to disagree with.

I think that unification between Blender and BGE is one of the aspects
where we can really improve the BGE. This would cover the viewport,
mesh data, materials, physics, etc. Unification would also mean that
there is less (or no) need for an asset manager any more, no separate
renderer, etc.

--
Sybren A. Stüvel

http://stuvelfoto.nl/