[Bf-gamedev] I am here to program!!!

mail at smokythaklown.com mail at smokythaklown.com
Mon Sep 1 00:17:52 CEST 2014

Thank you, this is a great project!! I have some researching to do,
keep on blending!

On 31-08-2014, FRANCISCO ORTIZ wrote:

> Hello
Smokythaklown!
> Your long message is deeply appreciated :)
> I think
you should spend some time looking at the Uni-verse project. The Blender
Foundation is not taking care of it at the moment, but there is a lot of
talented people that still Love the project:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verse_protocol [11]
> Yours,
> Ortiz
>

> On 31 August 2014 09:00, wrote:
>
>> Jacob - awesome torch rig
>>

>> Im not sure what you mean by verse style collaboration(sounds dope),
but i imagine a type of workflow where you enable the network panel
where blender will list all blender applications in the area, and be
able to interact with each users application in real time copy pasting
objects, linking materials, saving a local copy of a texture or model,
fixing each others scripts,appending scenes from one computer to all or
some or one application in the network.. Things need to be possible like
rasterizing some one elses cursor with a different color and screen cast
keys for teaching students blender in real time rather then a whole
class watching some one elses screen and flipping back and forth to keep
up with a lesson allowing not only the teachers to interact with your
blender, but also the other students may also be able to look through
your setup to help solve your problem without having the teacher stop
the lesson to help one student. Make a nice simple clean chat module
with a walkie talkie type microphone overide so only one person can talk
at a time. Making this system visually node based like the compositor,
such as if a blender application is in the area, the node will popup,
and it will have in and out channel for specific environment , . And
just as these nodes work with blender environment, they will work for
blender game engine sending and receiving all sorts of information and
utilizing the network as an overall processor meaning if theres a
network of 20-30 people with all sorts of gpu cards the actual game
being calculated would be able to have cycles real time raytracing
algorithm possible in real time. Interactive/adaptive game lobby, each
node in the network has the possibility to centralize information
configured within his blend (like hosting his game or a mode and map
within a main game) allowing people to just plug and play into his world
adding your computer to process that specific game in the lobby while
always being apart of a bigger network allowing the resource of non used
computing power of the entire network.

>> Simple example, i make a
game like battlefield... i distribute my game as a blend file to just
plug and play and not only do you have a fully functional game with
networking available for infinite player lan games,but the entire game
can be worked on and tested having 2 final node destinations every node
commits complete pieces to *one is individual location for final files,
one is its backup on a seperate machine, and everybody on the networks
machine will have a local copy of everything syncronized to the output
of the final files so when someone completes a piece they connect to the
final node input to which they overwrite or add files that will then be
outputted and sync with the network . I mean the more i write the more
im understanding what im actually trying to do.

Jacob Merrill wrote:

>>> I for one welcome our new decentralized
overlords.
>>> Will this allow for Verse style collaberation?
>>> Any
work to making the BGE use bpy to edit and return models?
>>> In game
editing?
>>> :D

the sockets ive seen also old jims setups, what i intended was to get
started on more of a open mesh network built within blender to
dynamically connect blender to blender programs in work environments for
a solid pipeline ,but by also making the decentralized network able to
handle more connections from one connection making a huge lan/intranet
(w.e) game possible up to thousands and millions of people by using
every computer/router as a transfer point node.. I havent really
understand what im talking about except that i must do it!! I see the
fbi uses python (plone) for content management, and python zope (server)
having to inevitably convert everything to php css html java for a web
browser to view, this is the end of all other programming languages in
my opinion, as well as internet browsers... it is obvious the way
computers connect and deal with information over a network needs to
change so ima try to get blender game engine way out there in the future

On 30-08-2014, FRANCISCO ORTIZ wrote:

> [...]
smokythaklown?

game engine and networking (Blender 2.65):

http://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-278975.html [3]

2014 19:30, wrote:

> [...]
public domain a project i am considering for blender. I began using
blenders game engine a week or so ago for the first time and realized
something very important, the networking. I am relatively new to python
and we get along, so im ready to hop in and start coding (i love blender
more then my wife) but i just need a little heads up on how to work with
the future of networking (software directed networks) for blender
environments , by the way is something being done about blending
blenders python api or will one get discontinued, which one to work
with... Is webpy something to look at.. Anything helps thanks in advance

Links:
------
[1] mailto:Bf-gamedev at blender.org
[2]