[Bf-gamedev] Showing Malayalam language in BGE script window

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 19:34:32 CEST 2014

Jestin,
There are  parts of your problem:

1) Text Editor

The problem you show in the screenshot has nothing to do with the BGE,
since the Text Editor is pretty much an integral part of Blender.
Blender 2.72 allows you to pick a custom font to use as International
Font. Get a font that supports the characters you need and use that
instead.

2) BGE

The BGUI is a third party script, so here is not the best place to
pinpoint what is the issue in that case. That said, the same font you
use for (1) should work here. Just find a way to use a custom font
with BGUI (I'm sure it supports, I just don't know off the top of my
head how to set that up).

3) Last but not least

You can also use the font you found for (1) and use that with a Text
object. Text objects allows for true type fonts inside the BGE.
(though BGUI is a more convenient way of using it for interface). It
will help you  to debug if the issue is BGUI or your font.

Cheers,
Dalai
--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto