[Bf-gamedev] Proposal to (try to) get better FBX support

Matt Three ragingelbows at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:51:38 CEST 2014

I'd like to point out thatthere is an already open working alternative
format to Collada that is called OpenGEX. It's mainly done by the C4 engine
team. Collada has a lot of problems because the spec is loosely defined (or
not defined at all).  Unreal Engine 4 supports .obj files for static
geometry as well, which is what I personally use instead of FBX.