[Bf-gamedev] Importing issues

Lina Halper Lina.Halper at epicgames.com
Fri May 9 17:13:05 CEST 2014

In FBX SDK, which I understand you can’t use, they have unit conversion support via this.

FbxGlobalSettings via FBX Scene has GetSystemUnit that has FbxSystemUnit.

So for example, this is the way to convert scene to different units,

if( FbxScene->GetGlobalSettings().GetSystemUnit().GetScaleFactor() != 1.0 )
{
                KFbxSystemUnit::cm.ConvertScene( FbxScene );
}

So in theory, this should convert to correct unit if it was meter to centimeter. But when I read this scale from Blender, it is considered to be same.

From this I suppose there is some way of saving units in FBX.

Thanks,

--Lina,