[Bf-gamedev] Cycles Baking Development

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 04:08:20 CET 2014

Hi all,

Some update:

The *bake-cycles* branch is near feature complete for its first round.
The only missing bit is anti-alias which I'm tempted to post-pone
until after the first round of code-review.

Recent/New features:
* User Interface (no more need to fiddle with Python scripts)
* File Formats (save as PNG, JPG, OpenEXR, Tiff, Targa and BMP -
RGB/RGBA - 8/16/32)
* Custom Cage
* Normal swizzle (change the axis that gets mapped to RGB)
* Normal space (save as tangent, world, object)

As usual the code is here:
* https://github.com/dfelinto/blender-git/tree/bake-cycles

The Blender-Artist thread [1] is still getting a lot of attention, but
I would rather if testers could use the github issue list to report
bugs:

https://github.com/dfelinto/blender-git/issues?state=open

I'll try to do some code cleaning up and address some of the known
issues in the remaining of the week. Hopefully the code can be
available for code-reviewers by next Blender Sunday Dev Meeting.

[1] - http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?326534

Cheers,
Dalai
--