[Bf-gamedev] I am here to program!!!

mail at smokythaklown.com mail at smokythaklown.com
Sun Aug 31 14:00:11 CEST 2014

Jacob - awesome torch rig

Im not sure what you mean by verse
style collaboration(sounds dope), but i imagine a type of workflow where
you enable the network panel where blender will list all blender
applications in the area, and be able to interact with each users
application in real time copy pasting objects, linking materials, saving
a local copy of a texture or model, fixing each others scripts,appending
scenes from one computer to all or some or one application in the
network.. Things need to be possible like rasterizing some one elses
cursor with a different color and screen cast keys for teaching students
blender in real time rather then a whole class watching some one elses
screen and flipping back and forth to keep up with a lesson allowing not
only the teachers to interact with your blender, but also the other
students may also be able to look through your setup to help solve your
problem without having the teacher stop the lesson to help one student.
Make a nice simple clean chat module with a walkie talkie type
microphone overide so only one person can talk at a time. Making this
system visually node based like the compositor, such as if a blender
application is in the area, the node will popup, and it will have in and
out channel for specific environment , . And just as these nodes work
with blender environment, they will work for blender game engine sending
and receiving all sorts of information and utilizing the network as an
overall processor meaning if theres a network of 20-30 people with all
sorts of gpu cards the actual game being calculated would be able to
have cycles real time raytracing algorithm possible in real time.
Interactive/adaptive game lobby, each node in the network has the
possibility to centralize information configured within his blend (like
hosting his game or a mode and map within a main game) allowing people
to just plug and play into his world adding your computer to process
that specific game in the lobby while always being apart of a bigger
network allowing the resource of non used computing power of the entire
network.

Simple example, i make a game like battlefield... i
distribute my game as a blend file to just plug and play and not only do
you have a fully functional game with networking available for infinite
player lan games,but the entire game can be worked on and tested having
2 final node destinations every node commits complete pieces to *one is
individual location for final files, one is its backup on a seperate
machine, and everybody on the networks machine will have a local copy of
everything syncronized to the output of the final files so when someone
completes a piece they connect to the final node input to which they
overwrite or add files that will then be outputted and sync with the
network . I mean the more i write the more im understanding what im
actually trying to do.

On 31-08-2014, Jacob Merrill wrote:

> I for
one welcome our new decentralized overlords.
> Will this allow for
Verse style collaberation?
> Any work to making the BGE use bpy to edit
and return models?

at 7:05 PM, wrote:

>> Thank you for the response, im aware of the
current method using the sockets ive seen also old jims setups, what i
intended was to get started on more of a open mesh network built within
blender to dynamically connect blender to blender programs in work
environments for a solid pipeline ,but by also making the decentralized
network able to handle more connections from one connection making a
huge lan/intranet (w.e) game possible up to thousands and millions of
people by using every computer/router as a transfer point node.. I
havent really understand what im talking about except that i must do
it!! I see the fbi uses python (plone) for content management, and
python zope (server) having to inevitably convert everything to php css
html java for a web browser to view, this is the end of all other
programming languages in my opinion, as well as internet browsers... it
is obvious the way computers connect and deal with information over a
network needs to change so ima try to get blender game engine way out
there in the future

>> - best explanation.. sorry for the long
letter

>> On 30-08-2014, FRANCISCO ORTIZ wrote:
>>
>>> Hello...
smokythaklown?

>>> This is a very basic setup for the blender game
engine and networking (Blender 2.65):

http://blenderartists.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-278975.html [3]

>>> A more serious effort was being done by agoose77:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/member.php?68706-agoose77 [4]

Yours,

>>> Ortiz

considering for blender. I began using blenders game engine a week or so
ago for the first time and realized something very important, the
networking. I am relatively new to python and we get along, so im ready
to hop in and start coding (i love blender more then my wife) but i just
need a little heads up on how to work with the future of networking
(software directed networks) for blender environments , by the way is
something being done about blending blenders python api or will one get
discontinued, which one to work with... Is webpy something to look at..
Anything helps thanks in advance

Links:
------
[1] mailto:Bf-gamedev at blender.org