[Bf-gamedev] Blender on Steam

Jeremias Boos Jeremias.boos at gmx.de
Sun Aug 3 01:38:01 CEST 2014

Hmm Yeah I get your point there.
I certainly have written more than this 7 e-mails.
Nearly 2 Years ago I wrote on the Bf-Committers if it would be nice to
have Blender on greenlight, as greenlight was fairly new.
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2012-November/038007.html
At that time Bf-Gamedev did not exists.
Some time in between Blender Foundation got the Steam funding/money.
There was than some guy who wanted to bring blender to Steam. But after
some weeks no one ever heard of that guy again. (I hope to be more
successful)
At the beginning of the Year I started a similar thread to this one
where I offered to take on that Task. But a bit more humble than this
one and I got pointed to the other guy that wanted to bring Blender to
Steam. So I thought that there is still moving in this and sat back.
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-gamedev/2014-February/000195.html
6 Month later there were still no movement in that department but this
time I thought to me that I could certainly do this.

And Yes my E-mail address got on some Spammail lists but there is
nothing I can do about that.

The only thing I can provide that I am real are my Social network accounts:
https://www.facebook.com/jeremias.boos
https://twitter.com/Wasabi_2007
https://twitter.com/Wasabi_2007/status/495711589715443712
https://github.com/Wasabi2007/

If you still not convinced what would convince you?
As far as the Technical knowledge goes, i have no idea what is needed
for steam. But what I read about it, it seems fairly easy to publish
anything on Steam.
If there is something I can not figure out by my own I will ask for
help. Like every other person would do that never published anything on
Steam.
There is a first time for anything :)
If I screw up big I have no Problem to take responsibility.

The money thing is I think something that nearly every student has to
face. I have not much money to play with in the month.

I hope I could convince you that I am not a scumbag that want to abuse
and betray the Blender or any other community.

best regards
Jeremias Boos