[Bf-gamedev] Cube Map rendering (Cycles)

Piotr Adamowicz padamowicz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 11:55:08 CEST 2013

I'd just like to add that yes, cubemaps are used extensively, but the
big engines have facilities to generate their own cubemaps - either at
runtime, level-compile time, or via utilities in the level editor.

That is not to say cubemaps are not needed, but it's a feature that
will be interesting mostly to developers using custom engines and/or
using Blender as a level editor. And rendering skyboxes is useful to
anyone.

--
Piotr "MadMinstrel" Adamowicz